Main Advantages of Using a Tilting Spindle for CNC Machines
- Improved accuracy: A tilting spindle can help to improve accuracy by allowing the machine to work on surfaces at different angles. This can ensure that the cutting tool is always at the correct height and angle relative to the workpiece, improving accuracy and the quality of the finished product.
- Increased versatility: With a tilting spindle, the machine can work on surfaces at different angles, making it more versatile and adaptable to different types of workpieces and machining processes. This can expand the range of workpieces that can be manufactured on the machine.
- Reduced setup time: A tilting spindle can help to reduce setup time by allowing the machine to work on multiple sides of the workpiece without having to stop and reposition it manually. This can save time and increase productivity.
- Greater flexibility: A tilting spindle can be used to create complex shapes and angles that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with a fixed spindle. This can make the machine more flexible and adaptable to different types of workpieces and machining processes.
- Cost savings: By eliminating the need for additional machinery, such as a separate milling machine or lathe, to work on surfaces at different angles, a tilting spindle can help to reduce costs and save on floor space in the workshop.